With much thought and preparation, I selected one of the most recently raved about epic burger joints in the metro for my first solo date.
I went to Burger Bar! ❤ ❤ ❤
When it comes to cheat meals, burgers top my list! Just like my inexplicable love for ube hopias, I have this natural attraction for burgers. A possible clue could be the perfect marriage between sinful meat and bread. ❤
Located on the second floor, the climb up the stairs added some excitement. I was palpitating when I was approaching the restaurant! Obviously, my hands were shaky. Just admire the quality of the photo above. I was going to eat “real food” after ages of waiting.
It was 3pm on a Sunday yet the restaurant was half-full . Probably with diners who were grabbing a late lunch or an in-between snack.
I don’t know if it were the nerves or what, but the menu did overwhelm me. My eyes lingered on “The Rising Shroom Burger.” : “mustard-fried double patty steak cut blend of sirloin and chuck with fried oyster mushroom tempura, white truffle creamed cheese and sauteed mushrooms. All on a kaiser roll.” #didnotorder #dieterinmestillwon #sofreakinyummy #AfraidyAguilar
Since I had trouble deciding, the attentive waiter came to the rescue! I informed him that this was my first legit meal after ages and that I was very sensitive to oil and salt. Props to kuya for directing me to the proper part of the menu.
We decided that I go for the joint’s customize your own burger aka “You’re The Boss” Burger (PHP 185). Deconstructing my burger, it was composed of the following “healthy” components — Bun: Kaiser Roll // Beef: Steak Cut (Medium Well) // Toppings: Fresh Red Tomatoes + White Onions + Crisp Lollo Rossa Lettuce + Mustard // Add on: Classic Mozzarella Cheese.
I tried my best to go for a “healthy” cheat meal and not finish the carbs. But you must know, there’s a reason why i said “tried”.
With all honestly, it was effortless to wipe out!
The bill came out in a jiffy. Did not mind paying at all for that yummy burger!
As instructed, I did EAT, DRINK and TWEET.
I tweeted praises for this 5 out of 5 burger joint . Why?
- (+) Customizing – a great thing for diet-sensitive people like me. I appreciated that they entertained my weird requests like having no butter on the bun or not to season the beef with salt .
- (+) Taste – the patty was solid beef with no extenders. Clean beef taste with or without condiments. Cooked the right way as instructed.
- (+) Service – the staff were admiringly very attentive, patient and informative. I will honestly not forget them asking me about five times on how my meal was.
- (+) Ambiance – has the cute diner vibe with seats comfortable enough for you to take your time. (I really dislike the metal tables and chair setups as of most burger joints. )
- (+) Value for Money – priced a bit higher compared to fast food burger joints, but reasonably priced when compared to most “high quality” burger joints.
Visit Burger Bar!
- Find them at: Ground Floor, Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center, Makati (same strip of restaurants as Italianni’s, Barcino and Mary Grace)
- Operating Hours: 12 noon to 1am (Sundays to Wednesdays); to 2 am (Thursdays to Saturdays)
- Call them at: (02) 625-2792
- Official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/BurgerBarPh
- Official Twitter Page: http://www.twitter.com/BurgerBarPh
- Munch Punch Menu: http://www.munchpunch.com/burgerbar-greenbelt-2/menu